In addition to specific page links to the national site of The Compassionate Friends, provided here is a collection of web-links and various groups and organizations (some local) that some of our members may find useful for aiding in their journey through grief.
We will make an effort to keep this list of contacts and links up-to-date; however, if you encounter any problems, please let us know by sending an email to our webmaster (contact information is available through the 'About Us' portion of the menu bar).
Also, if you have knowledge of other resources that may be helpful to others, please send the information to us so we may look into adding them here.
Resources from the national TCF web site
- The Compassionate Friends - national organization's website
- Available Brouchures - A series of personal use, downloadable, brochures available from The Compassionate Friends covering many different aspects of the grief process.
- TCF National Conferences - The Compassionate Friends hosts a national conference each year for it's entire membership, learn more about the conferences and what they have to offer by clicking this link.
- Worldwide Candle Lighting - visit this page to learn more about this annual event that takes place on the second Sunday in December.
- Chapter Locator - use this search tool to find other meeting locations within the United States.
- Online Support - chat with other members with this live chat feature.
- We Need Not Walk Alone - a thrice yearly, printed publication, from The Compassionate Friends; learn more about it and how to subscribe by clicking this link.
Compassionate Friends Special Small Group Support
(both Manchester and Nashua locations)
This local group is an extention of The Compassionate Friends of Manchester and Nashua, offering in-depth grief support after a loss of a child.
Groups are held weekly for a 10-week duration and require pre-registration.
Typically there are 2 groups running simultaneously. One is in Nahsua and held on Monday evenings from 6:30 to 8:30 PM at the St. Phillip Greek Orthodox Church and the other is in Manchester on Tuesday evenings from 6:30 to 8:30 at the Brookside Congregational Church.
For more information or to register for an upcoming group, please contact Linda Riley at 603.391.5387.
Victims, Inc. is a private, non-profit agency which provides immediate service, with trained volunteers, prepared to be with people during the worst moments of their lives; volunteers who stay until the family's own support system is in place.
The mission of VICTIMS, INC. is to complete the circle of services for victims, from onset of trauma through healing.
Victims, Inc. is located in Rochester, NH. Please visit their web site for more information.
Parents of Murdered Children (POMC)
National Web Site:
Merrimack Valley (of MA) Chapter Web Site is unavailable until further notice.
POMC is an organization that offers emotional support and information about surviving the loss of a loved one to murder.
The New Hampshire chapter, once in Concord, NH, has closed. The Merrimack Valley Chapter meets in Lowell, MA, every second Tuesday of the Month; 6:30 to 8:30 PM at Saints Medical Center, Residence Building, Stackpole Street, Lowell, MA.
For contact information, please visit the national web site.
A web site for parents who've lost their only child or all of their children.
Twinless Twins Support Group International
Serving in support of twins (all multiple births) who suffer from the loss of companionship of their twin through death or estrangement.
An organization offering support to twinless twins. Members provide support to one another thhrough various communication mediums as well as annual conferences.